In my personal life, people often ask me if I am so curious about their lives and inner worlds because I am a therapist. My answer is always, “I was born that way. That was why I became a therapist.” I have been a therapist for nearly 25 years, with my own practice in West Windsor since 2004. Prior to that, I was the Director of Prevention Services for Family and Children's Services of Princeton, which included the Family & Child Home Program and New Brunswick Outreach. I also developed and was the Executive Director of the Family Mentor Program of Middlesex County. In 1998, I received the annual New Jersey Governor's Award for Outstanding Leadership in Child Assault Prevention.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, with my Master’s in Social Work from Rutgers University School of Social Work. My undergraduate studies were at the New School for Social Research in New York City, where I studied philosophy. My lifelong fascination with philosophy informs my work as a therapist, since I don’t hesitate to look at the big questions in life. During my earlier life in New York, I was for many years a modern dancer in a dance troupe – and I certainly bring a dancer’s spirit of spontaneity and creativity to my work as a therapist.
Of course, my life encompasses other dimensions outside of my profession, and like anyone else’s, it has been full of rewards, challenges, surprises, joys, and sorrows. I am in a happy marriage with the same person that began in an era when people went barefoot to weddings and gave homemade paper lamp shades instead of china as wedding presents. In my young adult life, we lived in New York City, which gave me an appreciation for diversity and all the ways people can craft meaningful lives. We decided to raise our family in Cranbury, which offered a close community and a special balance of nature and culture. We have a son and a daughter, who are now on their own, but still love to visit.
Please call or email so that we can talk before we meet.
Degrees and Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Master’s in Social Work (MSW), Rutgers University School of Social Work
- New School for Social Research, B.A. in Philosophy
- Parent Coordination Trainer, with training by the Cooperative Parenting Institute and advanced training by the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Board Member, International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP)
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- Academy of Eating Disorders (AED)
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Divorce mediation training by the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators
- CPPNJ Couples Training Program Seminars/Workshops
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training
- Extensive training in eating disorders treatment